-
January 8th, 2002, 12:03 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi everyone! Finally found a site devoted to my recent purchase!
I just purchased 91DX hatch and am getting ready to install (Blue Tokikos and Progress 2" springs), I also just ordered eurothane bushings for the front and rear lower arms and front and rear shock mounts.
The car has 203,000 miles no rust(CA,car). I heard the bushings(rear lowers) freeze up and are a bitch to get off and will probably break some bolts trying(hence my reason for ordering new bushings).
? What else do I need to get or know before I install this stuff?
I want to buy new bolts for the lower arms to replace. Who can I order them through cheaper than my local dealer? They wanted $140.00 just for the rear lower bushings(stock ones) and bolts!
Last question; I want to install a rear sway soon. Where can I get some SI lower rear arms and I would settle for a stock si bar for now!!
I don't have plans to autocross this car yet (I have a car for that) but want to set it up as reasonably to get the most out of the car.
Thanks for your help!
Addicted Hatchback owner! TH
------------------
1991Honda DX Hatch newbee
-
January 8th, 2002, 12:31 AM
#2
Inactive Member
hey someone else from michigan. i live in northern mich. maybe we can hook up and work on some honda stuff. your best bet is to swap the whole suspension for 90-93 integra, that way you get the 4 wheel disk and the factory sway bars. i have two sets of the suspension if you want to talk.
------------------
-
January 8th, 2002, 12:44 AM
#3
Inactive Member
my friend you don`t know what you doing!!!
i did mine & that was one of my biggest mistake that i ever done.it`s a pain in a-s.
trust me.you don`t want to go there.
LOWER ARM RUBBER BUSHING REAR & FRONT.i don`t maybe you got luck,cause that car it`s from cali & it`s rust free,probably.but let me tell you this all aftermarket bushing are good & cheap,the only problem is to take the stock one off.good luck.
------------------
-
January 8th, 2002, 01:04 AM
#4
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAGIC WHEELS:
my friend you don`t know what you doing!!!
i did mine & that was one of my biggest mistake that i ever done.it`s a pain in a-s.
trust me.you don`t want to go there.
LOWER ARM RUBBER BUSHING REAR & FRONT.i don`t maybe you got luck,cause that car it`s from cali & it`s rust free,probably.but let me tell you this all aftermarket bushing are good & cheap,the only problem is to take the stock one off.good luck.
what is a pain? the suspension swap or the bushings?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
------------------
-
January 8th, 2002, 01:09 AM
#5
Inactive Member
sorry i dont know how to use a computer. where you talking to me when you said "you dont know what you are doing" because i dont. but it usually works when i am done.
------------------
-
January 8th, 2002, 01:24 AM
#6
Inactive Member
revhardracing if you are smart. you should read the all sentence back again and you probably will notice that im talking to the other guy. NOT YOU. so,next time read well.
------------------
-
January 8th, 2002, 01:42 AM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Settle down guys, stick with the subject please 
------------------
90 Civic Turbo ZC
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/cwbetb
4th Gen Page:
http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g
Car Club:
http://www.teamkayo.com
-
January 8th, 2002, 01:48 AM
#8
Inactive Member
CWBETB,my bad. sorry!!!
------------------
-
January 8th, 2002, 02:42 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Thanks for the quick replys. I would be interested in the brakes and stuff.
Feel free to submit more advice for my car.
Thanks again. Troy
------------------
1991Honda DX Hatch newbee
-
January 8th, 2002, 03:00 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Man...the post even said "suspenion" in the title and it took me this long to get to it? Hehe, first off welcome to the board!
As for the bushings yea there is no easy way around them. I can just give you a few pointers I hope they help you out. My shop friend, when he replaces bushings on just normal road going civics, he usually buys aftermarket ones, mainly cuz they are cheaper and do last longer. As for bolts, i'm not sure of the exact size but expect at least one or two of them to break or stick etc. Best you can do is soak them as much as you can with WD40 or something on the days prior to taking them out. As for removing them, the way my shop did it was to remove the control arms, place them in a vice. A torch was used to burn the metal center out. Then they used a air chistle and work around the edge of the bushing sleeve, this will push the sleeve out.
As for the Si rear bar. You'll need the Si control arms, and frame mounting brackets (sometime you have to get those welded in too). If the Si bar becomes too much of a hassle pick up progress's rear sway bar i bolts directly to the control arms.
Any other questions feel free to ask. The progress springs are awesome I love those, with the tocikos your car should be handle VERY good if your on the street or auto-x. Good Luck!
------------------
Suspenion Mods- More than you can shake a stick at...
Brake mods- I could slow down a buick if needed
Engine mods- Shit I knew I forgot something
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks